Texprocess 2013: Technical fit forms for older EU demographic
The new AlvaForm Hohenstein Series of technical fit fashion mannequins has been launched to help garment suppliers to make better fitting clothes for 30 to 50 year-old consumers in Germany and Northern and Eastern Europe.
Developed by Alvanon in close collaboration with German research and testing institution the Hohenstein Institute, the mannequins are based on 3D body scan measurements and health data from over 25,000 men and women aged between 30 to 55 in Germany and Northern/Eastern Europe.
The goal is to improve the fit experience for consumers as well as boosting conversion and sell-through rates for retailers, reducing returns and increasing consumer brand loyalty.
Implementing the new standard-based AlvaForm Hohenstein Series into the product development process can also help deliver more consistent and efficient production and execution of fit for brands and retailers in their factories and throughout their global supply chains.
The latest series complements the EU Series of technical fit forms launched by Alvanon in 2011 for the younger 20 to 35 year-old consumer demographic.
The company's latest AlvaForm ranges also include a Chinese woman soft stand, US missy half stand, EU series male and toddler stands, Shape GB children's stand, global plus women's stand, men's tailoring half stand, and a swimwear/lingerie torso stand.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The new Nutmeg children's wear brand launched by supermarket retailer Morrisons has invested in a range of technical fit mannequins to help communicate with its suppliers....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts