CANADA: Technical Textile Firm ADS Posts Profit Fall
Technical textiles producer ADS Inc on Wednesday posted a fall in first quarter net profit to $1.2 million from $1.5m in the year-ago period and said its total sales fell around 17 per cent to $25m from $30.2m in 2001. The Quebec-based company said sales for the technical textiles sector fell from $11.7m to $10.9m, while sales for the composite materials sector reached $14.1m compared to $18.4m last year, with lower sales in the footwear market mainly behind that fall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts