CANADA: Technical Textile Firm ADS Posts Profit Fall
Technical textiles producer ADS Inc on Wednesday posted a fall in first quarter net profit to $1.2 million from $1.5m in the year-ago period and said its total sales fell around 17 per cent to $25m from $30.2m in 2001. The Quebec-based company said sales for the technical textiles sector fell from $11.7m to $10.9m, while sales for the composite materials sector reached $14.1m compared to $18.4m last year, with lower sales in the footwear market mainly behind that fall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar