TURKEY: Technical textiles production increasing
Technical and functional textile markets are gaining extra momentum in Turkey, and are expected to gain more importance over the coming 15-20 years.
Technical textile production and product diversification is increasing in the country, including non-woven fabrics and products, stiffening materials, special felts, filtration materials, products of automotive and packaging industries, military clothes and equipments.
Turkey's technical textile exports, an increasing trend since 2000, reached US$847m in 2006.
Leading export items were flexible intermediate bulk containers of man-made textile materials, tyre cord fabric of high tenacity yarn of nylon, polyesters or viscose rayon, glass fibers and articles and non-wovens. Germany, France, Spain, Italy and UK were the leading export markets for such products.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
From easy-care clothing to astronaut’s suits, innovations in intelligent apparel and technical textiles now span the whole market, from everyday benefits that make the wearer’s life easier to critical...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar