INDIA: Technology research centre launches in Gurgaon
A technology innovation research centre, which will carry out applied research to improve apparel production techniques and practices, is being set up in Gurgaon, India.
The facility has been set up at the Apparel Training & Design Centre (ATDC)-Training of Trainers' Academy by the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) and Juki India.
It will be launched by Textiles Secretary Kiran Dhingra tomorrow (17 January).
"The ATDC-Juki Tech Innovation Centre is an important initiative to strengthen the apparel industry, especially the SMEs, to adopt new technologies for increasing productivity, efficiency and quality for better price realisation and better global competitiveness," the AEPC said in a statement.
The news comes after the AEPC opened an ATDC in in Adugodi, Bangalore last month to train unskilled workers within the country's textile industry.
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange