UK: Ted Baker FY growth encourages City
- FY pre-tax profit up 34.6%
- Group sales grow 26.5%
- UK & Europe sales climb 20.3%
Analysts say Ted Baker provides “an encouraging growth story in the face of an uncertain economic climate”
Ted Baker continues to provide an "encouraging growth story", analysts say, after the apparel lifestyle brand revealed a 35% increase in full-year earnings and sales growth in all its regions.
In the 12 months ended 25 January, profit before tax amounted to GBP39.8m (US$65.8m) from GBP28.9m a year earlier, in line with market estimates.
Group revenue was up 26.5% to GBP321.9m, while retail sales grew 24.6% to GBP259.1m, boosted by strong growth in the UK and Europe where revenues were up 20.3% to GBP198.6m.
In the US and Canada, retail sales increased 38.1% to GBP50.7m. E-commerce sales were up 55.7% to GBP23.2m.
Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Freddie George said over the last three years there has been an "unerring focus" on the integrity of the brand, on-going improvements to the ranges, and further strong momentum in womenswear, which now accounts for 54% of sales. "These positive drivers have, we believe, given the company the confidence to relax the company's ultra-cautious strategy."
Conlumino analyst Greg Bromley offered a similar view. He said Ted Baker provides "an encouraging growth story in the face of an uncertain economic climate".
"By positioning itself as a lifestyle brand rather than just a clothes retailer alone, it has managed to engage with and inspire consumers, encouraging spend on its products even with disposable incomes squeezed.
"It has achieved this through its consistent awareness and development of major fashion trends, while sticking to its roots as a fun, aspirational, British lifestyle brand.
"The coming months will likely see the retailer continue to improve its proposition in the UK, but the more exciting developments are surely set to be abroad, with Ted Baker's growth showing no sign of abating any time soon."
Ted Baker's share price was up 0.14% to 2,202 pence at 09:08 GMT this morning.
Canadean's "Ted Baker PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and service...
UK fashion business Ted Baker has promoted Lindsay Page to chief operating officer in addition to his role as group finance director....
Ted Baker PLC (TED) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report