UK: Ted Baker in double-digit festive sales surge
Retail sales at apparel lifestyle brand Ted Baker were up 18.3% in the eight weeks to 4 January, with sales since Christmas “particularly strong”, the company said.
Gross margins were in line with expectations, the UK business announced, as the UK and Europe continued to perform well, including strong growth in e-commerce.
In the US and Canada, Ted Baker said, the brand was “increasing traction and recognition” and, while business in Asia was still in the early stages of development, the company was “encouraged” by the long-term prospects.
“The group has delivered a strong result over the Christmas period in a competitive trading environment, reflecting the strength of the brand and quality and design of our product,” said Ray Kelvin CBE, founder and chief executive.
“We remain pleased by the brand’s performance in our established territories and continue to invest in newer markets for the long-term development of Ted Baker as a global lifestyle brand.”
The company expects to report pre-tax profits for the year to 25 January in line with expectations when it announces its results on 20 March.
Canadean's "Ted Baker PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and service...
Ted Baker PLC (TED) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalD...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy