UK: Ted Baker in double-digit festive sales surge
Retail sales at apparel lifestyle brand Ted Baker were up 18.3% in the eight weeks to 4 January, with sales since Christmas “particularly strong”, the company said.
Gross margins were in line with expectations, the UK business announced, as the UK and Europe continued to perform well, including strong growth in e-commerce.
In the US and Canada, Ted Baker said, the brand was “increasing traction and recognition” and, while business in Asia was still in the early stages of development, the company was “encouraged” by the long-term prospects.
“The group has delivered a strong result over the Christmas period in a competitive trading environment, reflecting the strength of the brand and quality and design of our product,” said Ray Kelvin CBE, founder and chief executive.
“We remain pleased by the brand’s performance in our established territories and continue to invest in newer markets for the long-term development of Ted Baker as a global lifestyle brand.”
The company expects to report pre-tax profits for the year to 25 January in line with expectations when it announces its results on 20 March.
JD Sports Fashion majority shareholder Pentland Brands posted an improved full-year profit as revenues rose 10% in the 12 months to 31 December....
Canadean's "Ted Baker PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and service...
Among the milestones achieved by European sustainable fashion NGO Made-By in 2013 were the launch of a supply chain mapping project with US women's wear brand Eileen Fisher and joining the PaCT progra...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam