UK: Ted Baker in double-digit festive sales surge
Retail sales at apparel lifestyle brand Ted Baker were up 18.3% in the eight weeks to 4 January, with sales since Christmas “particularly strong”, the company said.
Gross margins were in line with expectations, the UK business announced, as the UK and Europe continued to perform well, including strong growth in e-commerce.
In the US and Canada, Ted Baker said, the brand was “increasing traction and recognition” and, while business in Asia was still in the early stages of development, the company was “encouraged” by the long-term prospects.
“The group has delivered a strong result over the Christmas period in a competitive trading environment, reflecting the strength of the brand and quality and design of our product,” said Ray Kelvin CBE, founder and chief executive.
“We remain pleased by the brand’s performance in our established territories and continue to invest in newer markets for the long-term development of Ted Baker as a global lifestyle brand.”
The company expects to report pre-tax profits for the year to 25 January in line with expectations when it announces its results on 20 March.
Canadean's "Ted Baker PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and service...
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019