UK: Ted Baker profit unchanged in first half
UK fashion operator Ted Baker said that its profit before tax remained unchanged for the interim period covering the 28 weeks to 11 August 2007.
The company reported a strong performance across its retail division, with sales up 15.1% to GBP45.4m (US$92.2m). Wholesale sales, however, were down 4.1% to GBP20.8m as had been previously anticipated.
Group revenue rose 8.3% for the first-half, to GBP66.2m, while profit before tax remained at GBP7.0m.
Ray Kelvin, founder and chief executive of Ted Baker, said: "I am delighted to report another excellent performance for the group as Ted Baker's attention to detail and high product quality continues to drive the growth of the brand.
"The initial response to our autumn/winter collections has been very positive and we remain dedicated to the careful international expansion of the brand, through our multi-channel distribution strategy.
"The board is confident in the outcome for 2007 and looks forward to the future with confidence."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Online fashion retailer Asos seems to be coasting through the retail slump with two main selling points - Internet and celebrity. Joe Ayling interviews Asos CEO Nick Robertson to find out more....
Dr John Cheh, the newly appointed chief executive officer of Hong Kong based cotton shirt manufacturer Esquel, talks to just-style about social responsibility and sustainable development, life after q...
The past few weeks have revealed precisely how much respite Christmas spending has granted fashion retailers on the UK high street, with chains including Marks and Spencer and JJB Sports providing tra...
Strong international growth has helped UK fashion retailer Ted Baker to a 10% jump in full year profit, and positioned it for a good start to the current year with retail sales up by 16.1%....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar