UK: Ted Baker to support growth plans with ERP tool
Ted Baker operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide
UK lifestyle brand Ted Baker is to deploy Microsoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology to support its international expansion plans.
The Microsoft Dynamics AX will enable the company to "significantly" enhance the efficiency of its staff and processes, by automating and better streamlining operations from stock and warehouse management, to financial and resourcing systems, right through to production.
Over the next 10-15 years, Ted Baker, which operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide, also aims to improve reporting, facilitate better regulatory compliance, reduce duplication and ensure information is easily available.
The Dynamics AX implementation has already begun and the first pilot deployment is expected to go live early next year.
"The Dynamics AX deployment, with strong support services from Microsoft, will enable us to equip the business with the right tools and processes to streamline our operations and reduce people-intensive activities," said Ted Baker IT director Dustan Steer.
"Dynamics AX will give us the ability to better anticipate and embrace change and support future global growth."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lifestyle brand business Ted Baker posted another full-year net profit increase thanks to double-digit revenue surges across the business....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar