UK: Ted Baker to support growth plans with ERP tool
Ted Baker operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide
UK lifestyle brand Ted Baker is to deploy Microsoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology to support its international expansion plans.
The Microsoft Dynamics AX will enable the company to "significantly" enhance the efficiency of its staff and processes, by automating and better streamlining operations from stock and warehouse management, to financial and resourcing systems, right through to production.
Over the next 10-15 years, Ted Baker, which operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide, also aims to improve reporting, facilitate better regulatory compliance, reduce duplication and ensure information is easily available.
The Dynamics AX implementation has already begun and the first pilot deployment is expected to go live early next year.
"The Dynamics AX deployment, with strong support services from Microsoft, will enable us to equip the business with the right tools and processes to streamline our operations and reduce people-intensive activities," said Ted Baker IT director Dustan Steer.
"Dynamics AX will give us the ability to better anticipate and embrace change and support future global growth."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lifestyle brand business Ted Baker posted another full-year net profit increase thanks to double-digit revenue surges across the business....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack