UK: Ted Baker to support growth plans with ERP tool
Ted Baker operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide
UK lifestyle brand Ted Baker is to deploy Microsoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology to support its international expansion plans.
The Microsoft Dynamics AX will enable the company to "significantly" enhance the efficiency of its staff and processes, by automating and better streamlining operations from stock and warehouse management, to financial and resourcing systems, right through to production.
Over the next 10-15 years, Ted Baker, which operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide, also aims to improve reporting, facilitate better regulatory compliance, reduce duplication and ensure information is easily available.
The Dynamics AX implementation has already begun and the first pilot deployment is expected to go live early next year.
"The Dynamics AX deployment, with strong support services from Microsoft, will enable us to equip the business with the right tools and processes to streamline our operations and reduce people-intensive activities," said Ted Baker IT director Dustan Steer.
"Dynamics AX will give us the ability to better anticipate and embrace change and support future global growth."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Lifestyle brand business Ted Baker posted another full-year net profit increase thanks to double-digit revenue surges across the business....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras