UK: Ted Baker to support growth plans with ERP tool
Ted Baker operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide
UK lifestyle brand Ted Baker is to deploy Microsoft Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) technology to support its international expansion plans.
The Microsoft Dynamics AX will enable the company to "significantly" enhance the efficiency of its staff and processes, by automating and better streamlining operations from stock and warehouse management, to financial and resourcing systems, right through to production.
Over the next 10-15 years, Ted Baker, which operates 362 stores and concessions worldwide, also aims to improve reporting, facilitate better regulatory compliance, reduce duplication and ensure information is easily available.
The Dynamics AX implementation has already begun and the first pilot deployment is expected to go live early next year.
"The Dynamics AX deployment, with strong support services from Microsoft, will enable us to equip the business with the right tools and processes to streamline our operations and reduce people-intensive activities," said Ted Baker IT director Dustan Steer.
"Dynamics AX will give us the ability to better anticipate and embrace change and support future global growth."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Lifestyle brand business Ted Baker posted another full-year net profit increase thanks to double-digit revenue surges across the business....
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015