US: Teen brand Aéropostale implements PLM
Teen apparel retailer Aéropostale has implemented product lifecycle management (PLM) software to help boost collaboration between its headquarters and global suppliers.
With retail and manufacturing operations in many different locations, the company is using Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM software to enable its designers, sourcing team and vendors to communicate more clearly.
With the new tool, "all of the information is in one location within the tech packs we're passing to vendors, so our production partners know where to look for certain types of data. It's always going to be in the same place," explains Gillian Maser, senior product manager for corporate initiatives at Aéropostale.
YuniquePLM is also helping designers at Aéropostale by pre-positioning fabric needs across its headquarters and supplier network. Vendors may begin locating fabric options, eliminating the need for designers to recreate fabric specifications.
Jessica McDermott, design director of men's knits at Aéropostale, notes: "The information we are sharing with production can be pulled as a report with a higher level of accuracy, while contributing to design's final tech pack completion.
"It's in a system so we're one step closer to the final result, which is a tech pack, and we're streamlining our workload rather than adding duplicative work."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
With the need to check the safety of supply chains a growing concern, software providers are updating their products to help apparel and textile companies monitor their manufacturing and distribution ...
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's software agenda this year? 3D product development and design, digital continuity of information and images, predictive analytics, Systems that ...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? Technology agendas should include tools that help shorten the time from concept to cons...
Software can help tackle the key industry issues by connecting all processes, departments and geographies within a global business and ensuring that correct and up-to-date information can be shared in...
What are the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2014? One that stands out is the pressure to deliver on the omnichannel promise. There's a fundamental disconnect between the ...
Global dance-fitness firm Zumba is implementing Lectra Fashion PLM to help manage the growth of its active wear line....
Protective clothing and life-jacket maker Hansen Protection has implemented Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM product lifecycle management solution to manage the design, development and manufacturing of ...
Womenswear multi-channel brand Seasalt has implemented a product lifecycle management (PLM) tool to support its growing business....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022