USA: Teen Market Hots Up Despite Downturn
Currently the fastest-growing segment of the US population and with an estimated spending power of $155bn, the teen sector is bringing in profits for a new breed of retailer, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. Mainstream major publicly held players include American Eagle Outfitters Inc, Abercrombie & Fitch Co, and Pacific Sunwear of California Inc, all of which feature a preppy or sporty look. Farther out on the fashion fringe are Hot Topic Inc, Gadzooks Inc, Buckle Inc, delia*'s Corp, and Too Inc, operator of the Limited Too stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022