USA: Teen Market Hots Up Despite Downturn
Currently the fastest-growing segment of the US population and with an estimated spending power of $155bn, the teen sector is bringing in profits for a new breed of retailer, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. Mainstream major publicly held players include American Eagle Outfitters Inc, Abercrombie & Fitch Co, and Pacific Sunwear of California Inc, all of which feature a preppy or sporty look. Farther out on the fashion fringe are Hot Topic Inc, Gadzooks Inc, Buckle Inc, delia*'s Corp, and Too Inc, operator of the Limited Too stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack