USA: Teen Market Hots Up Despite Downturn
Currently the fastest-growing segment of the US population and with an estimated spending power of $155bn, the teen sector is bringing in profits for a new breed of retailer, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported. Mainstream major publicly held players include American Eagle Outfitters Inc, Abercrombie & Fitch Co, and Pacific Sunwear of California Inc, all of which feature a preppy or sporty look. Farther out on the fashion fringe are Hot Topic Inc, Gadzooks Inc, Buckle Inc, delia*'s Corp, and Too Inc, operator of the Limited Too stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar