ISRAEL: Tefron names Arnon Tiberg as new chairman
Seamless underwear and activewear maker Tefron has appointed Arnon Tiberg as the new chairman of its board of directors, replacing Jacob Gelbard who has served in the role since December 2007.
Tiberg, a textile industry veteran, was president and CEO of Delta Galil Industries from 1997 to 2006 and has been a board member at Israeli nylon fibre firm Nilit since 1987.
Tefron CEO Amit Meridor said Tiberg's "long industry experience and direct knowledge of the major customer base will help to strengthen Tefron's turnaround programme and especially in improving our service to customers."
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects