Teijin develops Octa Neo multi-layer sportswear fibre
Octa Neo offer stiffness, stretchiness and breathability
Textile and fibre company Teijin has developed a new multilayer fibre for use in sportswear, underwear and uniforms.
Teijin Frontier Co, the Teijin Group's fibre-product converting company, says it will release Octa Neo in time for 2017 spring/summer sportswear and underwear applications. The company is targeting annual sales of 500,000 metres by the fiscal year ending March 2020.
Octa Neo is a sheath-core fibre that uses Teijin's Octa hollow, eight-fin polyester fibre filament as its core material. Octa, the company explains, has a unique cross section comprising eight projections, or fins, aligned in a radial pattern around a tube-like fibre. This can be combined with various chemical and natural staple fibres
The multilayer fibre combines the low weight, high bulkiness, water absorption and water diffusion of Octa with the texture and softness of staple fibres selected for each application. It also offers stiffness, stretchiness and breathability.
Octa Neo can be integrated through combined weaving with other Teijin fibres for expanded applications, such as T-shirts, polo shirts, underwear or denim.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020