NETHERLANDS: TenCate Digitex project gets EUR12.7m grant
Dutch textile finisher TenCate is to coordinate a EUR12.7m (US$15.9m) project into the development of new technology for digital textile finishing.
The funding for the four-year Digitex project comes from the European Commission's SME-IP 6th Framework Programme and will cover the work of 10 universities and 16 companies. TenCate's share of the total budget is EUR2.6m.
The project aims to develop digital textile finishing technology that will enable functional characteristics, such as fire resistance and self-cleaning properties, to be applied to fabrics.
The technology could increase the competitiveness of the European textile industry, and reduce environmental damage and energy costs by cutting down water consumption.
The project will focus on developing hardware and software, enabling the surface treatment of textile materials for finishing processes on a nanoscale.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What's likely to happen when anti-China quotas lapse in the EU at the end of 2007 and in the US at the end of 2008? No-one knows for sure explains Mike Flanagan, and points out that trying to forecast...
The President of France's Union des Industries du Textiles (UIT), Lucien Deveaux, has called for quotas on Chinese imports into the EU to be prolonged until end-2008 in line with agreements between th...
A bid by a South Korea fibre exporter to have low melt polyester staple fibres (LMP) excluded from existing European Union (EU) anti-dumping duties on synthetic polyester staple fibres (PSF) has been ...
The European Commission (EC) has warned the Sri Lankan garment trade to develop a survival strategy in the face of an impending India-EU trade deal....
Vivarte, the group of around 15 clothing and shoe brands, is in exclusive negotiations with Crédit Agricole Private Equity, an investment arm of banking group, Crédit Agricole, to acquire French shoe ...
The European Union (EU) Council of Ministers has re-imposed definitive antidumping duties on imports into the EU of certain polyethylene terephthalate (PET) from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Kore...
The European Commission has given the go-ahead to the acquisition of a 68% stake in French clothing and shoe group Vivarte by UK investment fund Charterhouse Capital Partners....
EU ministers have been asked to approve a trade deal negotiated by the European Commission and Albania, liberalising sales of various footwear and textile production input lines....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing