AUSTRIA: Tencel receives Ecocert certification
Fibre business Lenzing Group has revealed that its Tencel fibres are now certified with the Ecocert eco-friendly logo.
Tencel, used primarily in the textile industry but also for non-woven materials and technical applications, can now be labelled with the Ecocert logo.
The Ecocert standard - Ecological & Recycled Textile Standard (ERTS) - stands for eco-friendly production processes and high social standards during production.
Products awarded the logo have to demonstrate the requirements are adhered to from the raw material, to production and to sales through to the end of the product life cycle.
"For Lenzing, certification involved the extensive testing of production including all of the raw and auxiliary materials used, the waste water which is produced and the emissions into the air according to strict specifications from Ecocert," the company said.
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
Austrian cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing has extended its Tencel range by launching a new micro version of its A100 fibre, developed for use in knitted sportswear fabrics....
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape