AUSTRIA: Tencel receives Ecocert certification
Fibre business Lenzing Group has revealed that its Tencel fibres are now certified with the Ecocert eco-friendly logo.
Tencel, used primarily in the textile industry but also for non-woven materials and technical applications, can now be labelled with the Ecocert logo.
The Ecocert standard - Ecological & Recycled Textile Standard (ERTS) - stands for eco-friendly production processes and high social standards during production.
Products awarded the logo have to demonstrate the requirements are adhered to from the raw material, to production and to sales through to the end of the product life cycle.
"For Lenzing, certification involved the extensive testing of production including all of the raw and auxiliary materials used, the waste water which is produced and the emissions into the air according to strict specifications from Ecocert," the company said.
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Austrian cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing has extended its Tencel range by launching a new micro version of its A100 fibre, developed for use in knitted sportswear fabrics....
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
Lenzing's Tencel fibre has been medically tested for body compatibility and toxic substances, confirming its suitability for garments worn next to the skin....
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
China man-made fibers (cellulose fiber) manufacturing industry, 2014 is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the man-made fibers (cellulose fiber) manufacturing industry, to get Chinese investme...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024