UK: Terry Green To Head Up Tesco Clothing
Supermarket giant Tesco has appointed Terry Green, ex-chief executive of the collapsed Allders chain, as head of its clothing division.
Green replaces John Hoerner, who is moving on to a developmental role for Tesco's clothing ranges. He will not be a main board director of the group, but will be employed in a consultant capacity.
Tesco's clothing division, which includes names such as Florence & Fred and Cherokee, has been growing from strength to strength in recent years, partly reflecting a general trend favouring supermarket collections.
Green was unsuccessful in his attempt to turn around the Allders department store, leading to its collapse earlier this year. However, he is widely regarded as a coveted name in UK fashion, having been the driving force behind the successful Designers at Debenhams unit, which helped transform the retailer's fortunes.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Licensor and brand management company Cherokee Inc says its client Hot Kiss Inc - a footwear and accessory company - has entered into an exclusive international license agreement for its Hot Kiss and...
Retailers Marks and Spencer and Bhs are most likely to benefit once Littlewoods Stores no longer has a presence in the UK high street according to new research....
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
Department store operator Debenhams is planning to grow its business into India, and is also considering expanding into the Chinese market....
Cherokee Inc, which licenses and represents a range of brands, said that growth of its Cherokee apparel range and its Carole Little brands boosted first-quarter revenue and earnings....
Leading high street retailer Bhs has invested in apparel design software from Tex-Data in its new design studios....
Supermarket giant Tesco is considering buying the Cherokee range as it embarks on a major expansion of its clothing business, according to the Mail on Sunday newspaper....
Clothing chain Jaeger's chairman, Harold Tillman, has salvaged department store Allders' name with the purchase of its flagship store in Croydon, UK....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar