USA: Terry Manufacturing Ex-CEO To Admit Fraud
Roy Terry, former chief executive officer of garment maker Terry Manufacturing Co, has agreed to plead guilty to an incident of fraud that bankrupted the company.
Terry overstated assets by $35 million in a case that also caused 300 workers to lose their jobs. Court documents show his charges to include bank fraud, wire fraud, illicit use of pension funds, and unlawful shipping of money across state lines.
Terry Manufacturing produced goods such as military fatigues and uniforms for corporations including fast-food giant McDonald's.
The company still owes debts of over $20m to banks, the charges state.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
VF Corporation has announced that Eric C. Wiseman has been appointed president and chief operating officer and will assume responsibility for the company's day-to-day operations. Wiseman, 50, who prev...
Lifestyle apparel group VF has experienced sales and earnings increases for both the full-year and fourth quarter of 2005, boosted by sales of outdoor clothing and equipment....
Cornerstone Group's subsidiary China Retail Management (CRM) has signed a multi-million dollar deal with McDonald's to launch the McKids apparel line across Asia....
Apparel group VF has revealed positive sales and earnings guidance for 2006 and also reaffirmed its 2005 earnings growth expectation....
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
The McDonald's fast food chain is planning to turn to celebrity designers such as Sean 'P Diddy' Combs and Tommy Hilfiger to spice up the uniforms of its 300,000 US restaurant workers....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective