UK: Tesco Europe head to "retire"
UK retail giant Tesco has suggested it is on the lookout for a successor to its European head Gordon Fryett amid reports he is to retire.
Fryett, who was appointed into the role last December, is reported to be retiring in around a year's time, according to The Financial Times.
A spokesperson for Tesco said in response to the reports that early succession planning is "part of good business management".
"Whenever we recruit for senior leadership roles, it is good practice to benchmark internal talent against the external market."
Tesco reported a 6.8% fall in European first-half sales earlier this month, while clothing returned to growth thanks to "further investment in both price and quality".
Clothing has provided a silver lining to Tesco's full year results, contributing like-for-like growth as the supermarket operator recorded its first drop in annual profits for almost two decades....
Vietnam's leading textile and garment manufacturer, Thanh Cong textile Garment Investment Trading JSC (TCM), has begun construction of new knitting plant in a bid to supply material for its own produc...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies