UK: Tesco Launches "Florence & Fred"
Tesco carried out extensive research to find out what customers wanted in terms of clothing.
The result was the "Florence & Fred" collection for men and women. Florence is available in over 230 stores and Fred in 150 stores.
Graham Ash, director of Adult Clothing for Tesco said: "This is our most exciting clothing venture to date. It complements our existing clothing and is exclusive to Tesco.
"The Florence & Fred collection has been developed in response to our customers' needs and its success relies upon the crucial elements of design, fabrications and wearability.
"The range will be presented in an exciting and understandable format that aims to bring the fun back into the shopping experience."
The range, say Tesco, "embraces a modern silhouette while still retaining the classic elements".
For women, it includes a Harrington-style cement jacket teamed with an argyle check shirt, a carnation short sleeve sweetheart neck jumper and a bias cut buttermilk skirt.
For men, it includes a classic black mac teamed with a pink gingham shirt with cutaway collar and stone trousers.
By Deborah Bowyer
Companies: Tesco Plc
Retailing giants like Wal-Mart, Tesco and Kingfisher are putting China at the centre of their expansion plans. However, the French giant Carrefour has gained the upper hand in China's market in terms ...
Safeguard action by the US and EU against soaring Chinese clothing and textile exports has been fuelled by strong lobbying from domestic manufacturing trade groups. But how effective are these moves t...
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Supermarket giant Tesco has reported an 11.5% rise in sales for the Christmas trading period, helped by strong results in non-food categories including clothing....
UK supermarket giant Tesco is suffering from the recent restrictions placed on EU imports of Chinese goods, but will continue to rely on China as an increasingly important clothing supplier....
Supermarket giant Tesco has appointed Terry Green, ex-chief executive of the collapsed Allders chain, as head of its clothing division....
The ex-boss of collapsed department store chain Allders is in discussions to take over the lead of supermarket giant Tesco's clothing division, according to a report in The Sunday Times newspaper....
Cherokee Inc, which licenses and represents a range of brands, said that growth of its Cherokee apparel range and its Carole Little brands boosted first-quarter revenue and earnings....
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack