Tesco launches online supplier platform
Members will be able to connect directly with Tesco teams,
Tesco has launched an online network for its 5,000 global suppliers as it works to increase transparency and improve its relationship with trading partners and customers.
The UK retailer, which has come under fire of late for squeezing suppliers on terms, and for its profit overstatement last year, says the new interactive platform will boost collaboration, innovation and sustainability across its suppliers globally
It brings together two pre-existing communities: the Tesco Producer Network for fresh food producers, and the Tesco Knowledge Hub for branded manufacturing and processing suppliers
Members will be able to connect directly with Tesco teams, learn more about Tesco and learn from each other on issues such as energy, food waste or innovation
“This new community of Tesco teams, suppliers and producers from around the world gives us the opportunity to improve communication, share ideas and continually improve the products that our customers enjoy,” said Jason Tarry, head of commercial at Tesco. “The Network will play an integral part in our partnerships with suppliers to deliver for our customers.”
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Among the most-read analysis articles on just-style in 2015 were stories relating to the rapid growth of Myanmar's garment sector, the impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreemen...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022