UK: Tesco launches virtual window shopping tool
Posters of F&F clothing will appear in the windows of Covent Garden, Dean Street and Tooley Street flagship Metro stores
Tesco, the UK's largest retailer, has launched virtual window shopping for its F&F range at three of its stores in London.
By teaming up with technology firm Aurasma, Tesco will display posters of F&F clothing in the windows of Covent Garden, Dean Street and Tooley Street flagship Metro stores.
Customers can download an app by Aurasma and point their smart phones at the posters so the pictures change to moving images. Shoppers can order the products to pick up at one of the central London stores or have them delivered to another address.
Emily Shamma, Tesco clothing online director, said: "This is really exciting new technology that we think our customers will enjoy using. It's a great opportunity to help us to reach new customers who may not be familiar with our full F&F collection."
In addition, F&F will also open its first ever pop-up shop in Covent Garden, to coincide with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It will open to customers for four days from 30 May to 2 June. Customers will be able to try on clothing using the F&F virtual fitting room service.
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as t...
UK retail giant Tesco has confirmed the departure of its group strategy director Michael Fleming....
Top stories on just-style this week include Tesco investing in a new training centre in Bangladesh for garment workers, a group of Hong Kong based buyers assessing sourcing in Bangladesh, and eBay tea...
UK-based retail giant Tesco is taking steps to boost productivity in the Bangladesh apparel industry by investing in a new training centre to teach leadership skills and production techniques to garme...
Supermarket retailer Sainsbury's Plc today (14 November) said its clothing businesses is going "from strength to strength" as it reported a 2.5% rise in first-half profit....
Bangladesh's woven garment exports grew by nearly 10% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year despite the economic slowdown in the European Union (EU) and the US....
UK retail giant Tesco today (7 November) confirmed that Terry Price, commercial director of its non-food business, will step down from the company after 18 months in the role....
Three organisations are calling on UK fashion businesses to ensure that workers at overseas supplier companies are given a living wage to match their UK counterparts....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015