UK: Tesco non-food director Price to leave
UK retail giant Tesco today (7 November) confirmed that Terry Price, commercial director of its non-food business, will step down from the company after 18 months in the role.
A spokesperson for Tesco said Price is retiring to the US. Neela Mukherjee, commercial director of its non-food online business, will take over responsibility for multi-channel non-food general merchandise, a company spokesperson told just-style.
The retailer has been trying to improve the performance of its general merchandise in the UK with new ranges, merchandising, pricing and promotions.
Separately, Tesco said Winnie Liu, chief operating officer of Tesco China, is also leaving.
Last month, the company reported an 11.6% fall in half-year pre-tax profit to GBP1.66bn (US$2.66bn), despite booking a 1.6% increase in group sales to reach GBP32.31bn.
Tesco said a GBP1bn investment plan launched earlier this year contributed to the decline during the six months to 25 August.
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
Clothing has provided a silver lining to Tesco's full year results, contributing like-for-like growth as the supermarket operator recorded its first drop in annual profits for almost two decades....
Vietnam's leading textile and garment manufacturer, Thanh Cong textile Garment Investment Trading JSC (TCM), has begun construction of new knitting plant in a bid to supply material for its own produc...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead