UK: Tesco non-food director Price to leave
UK retail giant Tesco today (7 November) confirmed that Terry Price, commercial director of its non-food business, will step down from the company after 18 months in the role.
A spokesperson for Tesco said Price is retiring to the US. Neela Mukherjee, commercial director of its non-food online business, will take over responsibility for multi-channel non-food general merchandise, a company spokesperson told just-style.
The retailer has been trying to improve the performance of its general merchandise in the UK with new ranges, merchandising, pricing and promotions.
Separately, Tesco said Winnie Liu, chief operating officer of Tesco China, is also leaving.
Last month, the company reported an 11.6% fall in half-year pre-tax profit to GBP1.66bn (US$2.66bn), despite booking a 1.6% increase in group sales to reach GBP32.31bn.
Tesco said a GBP1bn investment plan launched earlier this year contributed to the decline during the six months to 25 August.
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
Clothing has provided a silver lining to Tesco's full year results, contributing like-for-like growth as the supermarket operator recorded its first drop in annual profits for almost two decades....
Vietnam's leading textile and garment manufacturer, Thanh Cong textile Garment Investment Trading JSC (TCM), has begun construction of new knitting plant in a bid to supply material for its own produc...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015