UK: Tesco non-food director Price to leave
UK retail giant Tesco today (7 November) confirmed that Terry Price, commercial director of its non-food business, will step down from the company after 18 months in the role.
A spokesperson for Tesco said Price is retiring to the US. Neela Mukherjee, commercial director of its non-food online business, will take over responsibility for multi-channel non-food general merchandise, a company spokesperson told just-style.
The retailer has been trying to improve the performance of its general merchandise in the UK with new ranges, merchandising, pricing and promotions.
Separately, Tesco said Winnie Liu, chief operating officer of Tesco China, is also leaving.
Last month, the company reported an 11.6% fall in half-year pre-tax profit to GBP1.66bn (US$2.66bn), despite booking a 1.6% increase in group sales to reach GBP32.31bn.
Tesco said a GBP1bn investment plan launched earlier this year contributed to the decline during the six months to 25 August.
Representatives from more than 40 apparel brands and retailers have called for a credible action plan to address workplace safety in the Bangladesh clothing sector as the death toll from last week's R...
Clothing has provided a silver lining to Tesco's full year results, contributing like-for-like growth as the supermarket operator recorded its first drop in annual profits for almost two decades....
Vietnam's leading textile and garment manufacturer, Thanh Cong textile Garment Investment Trading JSC (TCM), has begun construction of new knitting plant in a bid to supply material for its own produc...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam