HUNGARY: Tesco Outsources Logistics To Tibbett & Britten
Tesco, the major UK retailer, has appointed Tibbett & Britten Hungária Kft to handle clothing and textiles and other non-food merchandise warehousing for its fast-growing operations in Hungary.Since its 1992 acquisition of 24 supermarkets and six smaller stores in Hungary's north-west, Tesco has expanded to become one of the country's most successful retailers. To date, it has developed nine large hypermarkets nationwide, and more are planned.Needing additional central warhousing to support its growth, Tesco decided to outsource logistics services in Hungary for the first time, and chose Tibbett & Britten. Now Tesco's clothing and textile lines are warehoused at Tibbett & Britten Hungária's 10,000 sq m (108,000 sq ft) national distribution centre at Soraksár.Ken Butt, managing director of European FMCG operations, said: "Tibbett & Britten has been providing retail logistics services to Tesco in the UK for over 15 years, and this exciting win supports the Group's strategy of following existing customers into overseas territories."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores