UK: Tesco reshuffles clothing management
Tesco has reshuffled the management of its clothing business for the second time in a year.
Jason Tarry, CEO of Central Europe Clothing, will now be responsible for all of Tesco's clothing business, replacing Jill Easterbrook.
Meanwhile, Easterbrook, who has served as head of clothing for the UK and Ireland since September 2011, is expected to lead several of the company's businesses including its Irish operations and One Stop.
"These moves result from good talent planning at Tesco," a company spokesperson said. "As one of our most experienced directors, Jill will bring focus and leadership to these important business units.
"Jason Tarry will lead clothing across UK and Ireland in addition to his existing responsibilities for Central Europe and the F&F brand internationally, allowing us to further leverage the skill and scale of the group."
Easterbrook, who was said to be "instrumental in growing the online clothing business", replaced Richard Jones last September. A month earlier the company named Bernadette Lusher as buying director for UK clothing, replacing Jan Marchant.
Textile-making countries came up against a range of labour, economic and environmental issues in 2012, including the worsening Eurozone crisis which dampened demand in key export markets. While some s...
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
US brands and retailers were baling out of Bangladesh even before the fire at the Tazreen Fashion factory killed more than 110 people at the end of last month. And given the subsequent criticism aimed...
Among the most-read analysis articles on just-style in 2012 were stories relating to the clothing industry in Burma, the importance of speed to market, and the future of the UK apparel manufacturing i...
Swiss group CHT Bezema has opened what is thought to be the first bonded warehouse supplying dyes and chemicals to Ethiopia's growing textile and clothing industry....
UK retailer Sainsbury's has dismissed reports its chief executive Justin King could step down from his role in February....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Delta Galil USA acquiring the LittleMissMatched brand, Sri Lankan apparel manufacturers facing continuing challenges, and Ethiopia's ongoing effor...
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Myanmar Code of Conduct a first step in compliance
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019