UK: Tesco silent over CFO exit talk
McIlwee is said to be mulling resignation after clashing heads with the CEO
Tesco has refused to comment on talk the firm's finance chief Laurie McIlwee could leave the business amid tensions with CEO Philip Clarke.
Sky News has suggested McIlwee, who has served as Tesco's CFO since 2009, could leave the company within months.
Citing sources, the report said McIlwee's exit "was now more likely than not".
However, a spokesperson for Tesco today (10 March) said: "As a rule we don't comment on this sort of speculation."
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
Apparel products sold by Tesco are expected to benefit from strengthening of the private label F&F and the expanding space dedicated to apparel in hypermarkets. The Cherokee brand is no longer present...
Sales of grocery products through internet retailing and the online presence of Hungary’s grocery retailers remained limited for much of the review period, with G’Roby the only significant grocery ret...
Retail value sales of apparel and footwear specialist retailers registered a relatively dynamic performance with growth of 3% in 2014. Although Czech consumers were careful with their money due to the...
Online Retail in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
- When will Gap get back on track?
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Bangladesh factory safety progressing slowly
- Jason Denham raises the bar on denim innovation
- Portugal footwear makers underpin industry growth
- Q1 results in brief: Pacific Sunwear, Express
- China to reduce apparel import taxes
- Indonesian textile sector sees 6,000 lay-offs
- Cambodia garment factory strikes up 74%
- Vietnam garment staff return after faintings