UK: Tesco silent over CFO exit talk
McIlwee is said to be mulling resignation after clashing heads with the CEO
Tesco has refused to comment on talk the firm's finance chief Laurie McIlwee could leave the business amid tensions with CEO Philip Clarke.
Sky News has suggested McIlwee, who has served as Tesco's CFO since 2009, could leave the company within months.
Citing sources, the report said McIlwee's exit "was now more likely than not".
However, a spokesperson for Tesco today (10 March) said: "As a rule we don't comment on this sort of speculation."
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Global technology and innovation executive Mike McNamara has left Tesco to join retail giant Target Corp as chief information officer....
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis