UK: Tesco silent over CFO exit talk
McIlwee is said to be mulling resignation after clashing heads with the CEO
Tesco has refused to comment on talk the firm's finance chief Laurie McIlwee could leave the business amid tensions with CEO Philip Clarke.
Sky News has suggested McIlwee, who has served as Tesco's CFO since 2009, could leave the company within months.
Citing sources, the report said McIlwee's exit "was now more likely than not".
However, a spokesperson for Tesco today (10 March) said: "As a rule we don't comment on this sort of speculation."
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
Tesco PLC (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
Apparel products sold by Tesco are expected to benefit from strengthening of the private label F&F and the expanding space dedicated to apparel in hypermarkets. The Cherokee brand is no longer present...
Sales of grocery products through internet retailing and the online presence of Hungary’s grocery retailers remained limited for much of the review period, with G’Roby the only significant grocery ret...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Online Retail in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also c...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead