UK: Tesco silent over CFO exit talk
McIlwee is said to be mulling resignation after clashing heads with the CEO
Tesco has refused to comment on talk the firm's finance chief Laurie McIlwee could leave the business amid tensions with CEO Philip Clarke.
Sky News has suggested McIlwee, who has served as Tesco's CFO since 2009, could leave the company within months.
Citing sources, the report said McIlwee's exit "was now more likely than not".
However, a spokesperson for Tesco today (10 March) said: "As a rule we don't comment on this sort of speculation."
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
With the vibrant pace at which technology is developing, technology companies, retailers, brand manufacturers, service providers and startups are being forced to adapt and explore new avenues in order...
Global technology and innovation executive Mike McNamara has left Tesco to join retail giant Target Corp as chief information officer....
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- TPP likely to lead to rise in US apparel imports
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify
- Labour may limit Malaysia TPP apparel shipments