UK: Tesco tight-lipped on F&F Russia entry
Tesco last year announced plans to expand its F&F clothing brand
UK retail giant Tesco has declined to comment on reports it is looking to open F&F clothing stores in Russia, as part of wider expansion plans.
According to a Reuters report, the company has expressed interest in the Russian market. It added that Tesco would likely partner with Debruss to open the F&F stores, with the first expected to open in Moscow during the fourth quarter of this year.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco told just-style today (14 February): "We don't comment on rumour or speculation."
Yesterday, F&F announced the opening of its first three stores in the Philippines through a franchise agreement with local partner Stores Specialist.
It came nearly a year after Tesco said it would expand the F&F clothing brand into new markets across the Middle East and Central Asia, with plans to open more than 50 franchise stores over the next five years.
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
Sales of grocery products through internet retailing and the online presence of Hungary’s grocery retailers remained limited for much of the review period, with G’Roby the only significant grocery ret...
Online Retail in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also c...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Online Retail in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Mixed retailers continued to see a decrease in value sales in current terms in 2013 as it did over the rest of the review period. This was due to a worsening economy that resulted in a reduction of co...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Hong Kong industry pins future on innovation
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019