UK: Tesco tight-lipped on F&F Russia entry
Tesco last year announced plans to expand its F&F clothing brand
UK retail giant Tesco has declined to comment on reports it is looking to open F&F clothing stores in Russia, as part of wider expansion plans.
According to a Reuters report, the company has expressed interest in the Russian market. It added that Tesco would likely partner with Debruss to open the F&F stores, with the first expected to open in Moscow during the fourth quarter of this year.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco told just-style today (14 February): "We don't comment on rumour or speculation."
Yesterday, F&F announced the opening of its first three stores in the Philippines through a franchise agreement with local partner Stores Specialist.
It came nearly a year after Tesco said it would expand the F&F clothing brand into new markets across the Middle East and Central Asia, with plans to open more than 50 franchise stores over the next five years.
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Global technology and innovation executive Mike McNamara has left Tesco to join retail giant Target Corp as chief information officer....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020