UK: Tesco tight-lipped on F&F Russia entry
Tesco last year announced plans to expand its F&F clothing brand
UK retail giant Tesco has declined to comment on reports it is looking to open F&F clothing stores in Russia, as part of wider expansion plans.
According to a Reuters report, the company has expressed interest in the Russian market. It added that Tesco would likely partner with Debruss to open the F&F stores, with the first expected to open in Moscow during the fourth quarter of this year.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco told just-style today (14 February): "We don't comment on rumour or speculation."
Yesterday, F&F announced the opening of its first three stores in the Philippines through a franchise agreement with local partner Stores Specialist.
It came nearly a year after Tesco said it would expand the F&F clothing brand into new markets across the Middle East and Central Asia, with plans to open more than 50 franchise stores over the next five years.
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Tesco Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Tesco PLC (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
Apparel products sold by Tesco are expected to benefit from strengthening of the private label F&F and the expanding space dedicated to apparel in hypermarkets. The Cherokee brand is no longer present...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam