UK: Tesco tight-lipped on F&F Russia entry
Tesco last year announced plans to expand its F&F clothing brand
UK retail giant Tesco has declined to comment on reports it is looking to open F&F clothing stores in Russia, as part of wider expansion plans.
According to a Reuters report, the company has expressed interest in the Russian market. It added that Tesco would likely partner with Debruss to open the F&F stores, with the first expected to open in Moscow during the fourth quarter of this year.
However, a spokesperson for Tesco told just-style today (14 February): "We don't comment on rumour or speculation."
Yesterday, F&F announced the opening of its first three stores in the Philippines through a franchise agreement with local partner Stores Specialist.
It came nearly a year after Tesco said it would expand the F&F clothing brand into new markets across the Middle East and Central Asia, with plans to open more than 50 franchise stores over the next five years.
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
Sales of grocery products through internet retailing and the online presence of Hungary’s grocery retailers remained limited for much of the review period, with G’Roby the only significant grocery ret...
Mixed retailers continued to see a decrease in value sales in current terms in 2013 as it did over the rest of the review period. This was due to a worsening economy that resulted in a reduction of co...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Internet retailing in Ireland continued to record outstanding growth during 2013 despite the overall weak economic conditions. With the number of store-based retailers offering online facilities growi...
Internet retailing was the best-performing major category within retailing in 2013. This was indeed the case for over the whole review period as value sales grew at a current CAGR of 13%. This dynamic...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Colombia faces challenges in fashion export drive
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation