US: Teva launches TevaSphere collection to improve stability
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain.
The company said TevaSphere technology delivers a more natural point of impact, efficient transition and superior stability on varied terrain, with its spherical heel and pod-arch system.
The pod-arch system provides stability without restricting freedom of movement or adding weight to the shoe, it added.
Teva teamed up with sports science and human performance institute P3 (Peak Performance Project) to create the outdoor cross-trainer.
The collection, which includes TevaSphere Speed, TevaSphere Trail eVent, TevaSphere Trail and TevaSphere Trail Mid eVent for men and women, will be available from February 2013. Prices range from US$120 to $140.
"The majority of consumers continue to land on their heels whether running or walking," said Chris Hillyer, innovation manager at Teva. "We felt compelled to create a technology that allows people to transition through their stride in a natural way without expecting the consumer to change."
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, has slashed its full-year forecasts after the introduction of higher ticket prices for its products led to a drop in third-quarter...
Deckers-owned sheepskin boots brand Ugg is set to open its first French store in Paris this week. ...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy