US: Teva launches TevaSphere collection to improve stability
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain.
The company said TevaSphere technology delivers a more natural point of impact, efficient transition and superior stability on varied terrain, with its spherical heel and pod-arch system.
The pod-arch system provides stability without restricting freedom of movement or adding weight to the shoe, it added.
Teva teamed up with sports science and human performance institute P3 (Peak Performance Project) to create the outdoor cross-trainer.
The collection, which includes TevaSphere Speed, TevaSphere Trail eVent, TevaSphere Trail and TevaSphere Trail Mid eVent for men and women, will be available from February 2013. Prices range from US$120 to $140.
"The majority of consumers continue to land on their heels whether running or walking," said Chris Hillyer, innovation manager at Teva. "We felt compelled to create a technology that allows people to transition through their stride in a natural way without expecting the consumer to change."
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, has slashed its full-year forecasts after the introduction of higher ticket prices for its products led to a drop in third-quarter...
Deckers-owned sheepskin boots brand Ugg is set to open its first French store in Paris this week. ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019