US: Teva launches TevaSphere collection to improve stability
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain.
The company said TevaSphere technology delivers a more natural point of impact, efficient transition and superior stability on varied terrain, with its spherical heel and pod-arch system.
The pod-arch system provides stability without restricting freedom of movement or adding weight to the shoe, it added.
Teva teamed up with sports science and human performance institute P3 (Peak Performance Project) to create the outdoor cross-trainer.
The collection, which includes TevaSphere Speed, TevaSphere Trail eVent, TevaSphere Trail and TevaSphere Trail Mid eVent for men and women, will be available from February 2013. Prices range from US$120 to $140.
"The majority of consumers continue to land on their heels whether running or walking," said Chris Hillyer, innovation manager at Teva. "We felt compelled to create a technology that allows people to transition through their stride in a natural way without expecting the consumer to change."
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, has slashed its full-year forecasts after the introduction of higher ticket prices for its products led to a drop in third-quarter...
Deckers-owned sheepskin boots brand Ugg is set to open its first French store in Paris this week. ...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020