US: Teva launches TevaSphere collection to improve stability
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain.
The company said TevaSphere technology delivers a more natural point of impact, efficient transition and superior stability on varied terrain, with its spherical heel and pod-arch system.
The pod-arch system provides stability without restricting freedom of movement or adding weight to the shoe, it added.
Teva teamed up with sports science and human performance institute P3 (Peak Performance Project) to create the outdoor cross-trainer.
The collection, which includes TevaSphere Speed, TevaSphere Trail eVent, TevaSphere Trail and TevaSphere Trail Mid eVent for men and women, will be available from February 2013. Prices range from US$120 to $140.
"The majority of consumers continue to land on their heels whether running or walking," said Chris Hillyer, innovation manager at Teva. "We felt compelled to create a technology that allows people to transition through their stride in a natural way without expecting the consumer to change."
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, has slashed its full-year forecasts after the introduction of higher ticket prices for its products led to a drop in third-quarter...
Deckers-owned sheepskin boots brand Ugg is set to open its first French store in Paris this week. ...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Italian wages and conditions deteriorate
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024