US: Teva launches TevaSphere collection to improve stability
Deckers' action outdoor brand Teva has launched its TevaSphere footwear collection, which claims to improve stability for athletes on rocky terrain.
The company said TevaSphere technology delivers a more natural point of impact, efficient transition and superior stability on varied terrain, with its spherical heel and pod-arch system.
The pod-arch system provides stability without restricting freedom of movement or adding weight to the shoe, it added.
Teva teamed up with sports science and human performance institute P3 (Peak Performance Project) to create the outdoor cross-trainer.
The collection, which includes TevaSphere Speed, TevaSphere Trail eVent, TevaSphere Trail and TevaSphere Trail Mid eVent for men and women, will be available from February 2013. Prices range from US$120 to $140.
"The majority of consumers continue to land on their heels whether running or walking," said Chris Hillyer, innovation manager at Teva. "We felt compelled to create a technology that allows people to transition through their stride in a natural way without expecting the consumer to change."
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, has slashed its full-year forecasts after the introduction of higher ticket prices for its products led to a drop in third-quarter...
Deckers-owned sheepskin boots brand Ugg is set to open its first French store in Paris this week. ...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack