USA: Texfi Industries Announces New $25m Financing
Texfi Industries announced today it has arranged a new revolving working capital financing with CIT Commercial Services, a division of The CIT Group (NYSE: CIT) of $25m. The financing is for one year and requires the company to submit a reorganisation plan by April, 2001. Texfi filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Act in the Southern District of New York on February 15, 2000, and has been operating as Debtor-in-Possession since that date. The company expects to submit its reorganisation plan ahead of schedule in 2001.CEO Andrew J. Parise said: "We are extremely pleased to have this increased and longer term financing available to the company. We have made great progress over the past few months and this facility will enable us to concentrate on strengthening our business and building our market share.""CIT is delighted to support Texfi in its reorganisation effort," said John F. Daly, president of CIT Commercial Services. "CIT has a long-standing relationship with Texfi and we are confident in management's ability to facilitate the reorganisation."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack