US: Texprocess Americas gears up for second event
The second Texprocess Americas trade fair taking place later this year will again focus on the latest equipment and software developments for the sewn products industry.
New for 2014 is a technology solutions pavilion showcasing the latest 2D/3D design, PLM, ERP, costing and supply chain management tools. The pavilion is designed to bring together software and IT buyers and sellers, organisers say.
A symposium is also being planned alongside the exhibition, covering a wide range of topics including fit, sizing and virtual try-on technologies, smart garment and e-textiles, enterprise software, design and product development, automation and robotics in apparel manufacturing, welding and stitch free, selecting needles, threads and construction strategies, and re-shoring, near-shoring and startup manufacturing options.
The fair, formerly SPESA Espo, will be held 13-15 May at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Click here for more details.
It runs alongside Techtextil North America, which covers developments in the technical textiles and nonwoven sector.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of product lifecycle management (PLM) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Yet the software has evolved rapidl...
Apparel and textile companies looking keep down costs in fibre and fabric sourcing and production, at the same time as ensuring supplies keep flowing, are turning to a number of different strategies....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Kohl's reverses five-quarter slump in Q4
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead