ITALY: Textile And Garment Exports Down 4% For FY 2003
According to SMI figures, the country's menswear industry suffered a turnover deficit of 1.3 per cent year-on-year to EUR7.5bn, while the sector registered a trade surplus of EUR12.43bn for the year compared to EUR13.4bn in 2002.
However, exports to key markets France and Switzerland were up by 3.5 per cent and 14.3 per cent year-on-year respectively, while imports fell by 2.3 per cent compared to the previous 12-month period.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020