VIETNAM: Textile and garment exports surge 21.9% in Q1
Vietnam's textile and clothing exports jumped 21.9% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2014 to reach $4.53bn, according to the country's General Statistics Office.
Shipments in March alone surged 27% to $1.6 bn, the data showed.
The state-owned Vietnam National Textile and Apparel Group (Vinatex) remains the largest contributor to exports, accounting for $725m during the three-month period, up by 12% on the year before.
Strong growth was seen in all major export markets, including the US (up 15%), the EU (up 21%), Japan (up 14.8%) and South Korea (up 35%) against same period 2013. These are the biggest export markets respectively.
During the period, Vietnam spent $1.8bn on importing fabric for local production.
Vietnam's textile and garment exports are continuing to surge as both producers and buyers diversify their supply chains....
Vietnam has become the second largest source of foreign textiles and clothing in the US market and has established a strong presence in the Japanese and European markets, especially for clothing. Also...
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has raised VND1.22trn (US$58m) through its initial public offering, which took place yesterday (23 September)....
Apparel specialist retailers witnessed a current value decline of 6% from 2011 to reach sales of below VND23 trillion in 2012. Decline was due to the economic slowdown. In 2012, the Vietnamese economy...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre