VIETNAM: Textile and garment exports surge 21.9% in Q1
Vietnam's textile and clothing exports jumped 21.9% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2014 to reach $4.53bn, according to the country's General Statistics Office.
Shipments in March alone surged 27% to $1.6 bn, the data showed.
The state-owned Vietnam National Textile and Apparel Group (Vinatex) remains the largest contributor to exports, accounting for $725m during the three-month period, up by 12% on the year before.
Strong growth was seen in all major export markets, including the US (up 15%), the EU (up 21%), Japan (up 14.8%) and South Korea (up 35%) against same period 2013. These are the biggest export markets respectively.
During the period, Vietnam spent $1.8bn on importing fabric for local production.
Vietnam's garment and textile export turnover is likely to reach US$24.5bn in 2014, an increase of over 19% on last year - and the largest rise in three years - new figures show....
Apparel specialist retailers witnessed a current value decline of 6% from 2011 to reach sales of below VND23 trillion in 2012. Decline was due to the economic slowdown. In 2012, the Vietnamese economy...
Vietnam's textile and garment exports are continuing to surge as both producers and buyers diversify their supply chains....
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has raised VND1.22trn (US$58m) through its initial public offering, which took place yesterday (23 September)....
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile