VIETNAM: Textile and garment exports surge 21.9% in Q1
Vietnam's textile and clothing exports jumped 21.9% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2014 to reach $4.53bn, according to the country's General Statistics Office.
Shipments in March alone surged 27% to $1.6 bn, the data showed.
The state-owned Vietnam National Textile and Apparel Group (Vinatex) remains the largest contributor to exports, accounting for $725m during the three-month period, up by 12% on the year before.
Strong growth was seen in all major export markets, including the US (up 15%), the EU (up 21%), Japan (up 14.8%) and South Korea (up 35%) against same period 2013. These are the biggest export markets respectively.
During the period, Vietnam spent $1.8bn on importing fabric for local production.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has met with the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petrovietnam) to discuss cooperation in the production and supply of polyester fibres to the textil...
Vietnam has become the second largest source of foreign textiles and clothing in the US market and has established a strong presence in the Japanese and European markets, especially for clothing. Also...
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has extended the date for its initial public offering by two months to give investors more time to evaluate the firm's performance....
Apparel specialist retailers witnessed a current value decline of 6% from 2011 to reach sales of below VND23 trillion in 2012. Decline was due to the economic slowdown. In 2012, the Vietnamese economy...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey