VIETNAM: Textile and garment exports surge 21.9% in Q1
Vietnam's textile and clothing exports jumped 21.9% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2014 to reach $4.53bn, according to the country's General Statistics Office.
Shipments in March alone surged 27% to $1.6 bn, the data showed.
The state-owned Vietnam National Textile and Apparel Group (Vinatex) remains the largest contributor to exports, accounting for $725m during the three-month period, up by 12% on the year before.
Strong growth was seen in all major export markets, including the US (up 15%), the EU (up 21%), Japan (up 14.8%) and South Korea (up 35%) against same period 2013. These are the biggest export markets respectively.
During the period, Vietnam spent $1.8bn on importing fabric for local production.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has met with the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (Petrovietnam) to discuss cooperation in the production and supply of polyester fibres to the textil...
Vietnam has become the second largest source of foreign textiles and clothing in the US market and has established a strong presence in the Japanese and European markets, especially for clothing. Also...
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has extended the date for its initial public offering by two months to give investors more time to evaluate the firm's performance....
Apparel specialist retailers witnessed a current value decline of 6% from 2011 to reach sales of below VND23 trillion in 2012. Decline was due to the economic slowdown. In 2012, the Vietnamese economy...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change