INDIA: Textile Chiefs Hold Talks To Save Mills
Officials met in New Delhi to discuss measures to revive scores of debt-ridden mills through the recently-formed Textile Reconstruction Fund (TRF).
The negotiations follow pressure from bosses of the Indian Cotton Mills' Federation (ICMF) and the Southern India Mills Association (SIMA) who claim up to 30 per cent of the country's cash-strapped mills could be saved.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020