BANGLADESH: Textile Chiefs Unveil Industry Blueprint
The Bangladesh Textile Mills Association (BTMA) on Wednesday unveiled its blueprint for the clothing industry's future, which includes the withdrawal of all duties and taxes. BTMA officials said they do not want cash incentives put forward under an alternative plan by the government, but low-interest loans, a 25 per cent rebate on utility bills and port charges at international levels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"