CHINA: Textile, clothing exports up 20% in Jan-Nov
China's textile and clothing exports in the first 11 months of 2007 rose by 20% year-on-year to US$160.7bn, according to data released last week by the China National Textile and Apparel Council.
Of the total, textile exports were up 16.2% to $55.2bn, and clothing exports surged 22.2% to $105.4bn.
In the 11 months from January to November, textile and clothing exports accounted for 14.6% of the country's total exports by value.
The increase in exports resulted in a trade surplus of $143.5bn - which is 60.3% of China's total trade surplus.
The United States was the largest importer of China's textile and clothing products - with shipments climbing 20.0% to $24.6bn - followed by Japan and Hong Kong.
In the 11 months to November 2007, China's textile and clothing exports to the European Union fell by 0.5% to US$26.5bn.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Ethiopia is trying to position itself as a sourcing destination for the textile and apparel industry. But ambitious government projections of a US$500m a-year turnover sector by 2008/2009 are lagging ...
Dolce & Gabbana has asked the European Union to declare Marimekko Corporation's "Unikko" floral pattern trademark invalid, in a continuing dispute between the two companies....
Bangladeshi knitted apparel manufacturers are to fix the baseline prices of some of their garments in an attempt to prevent price-cutting by overseas retailers and importers....
Protective textiles are one of six key growth sectors receiving special attention through European Union (EU) and national government reforms and initiatives....
Reforms to the European Union's (EU) cotton subsidy system have been approved two years after previous changes were outlawed by the European Court of Justice....
The Vietnam Leather and Shoes Association (Lefaso) has reacted angrily to the decision by the European Commission (EC) to exclude Vietnamese footwear exports from the Generalised System of Preference ...
The European Union (EU) is to remove preferential tariffs on Vietnamese footwear imports after deciding they no longer meet the necessary conditions to benefit from the scheme....
Schoeller Technologies AG and Clariant International Ltd have developed a new, more eco-friendly nanotechnology-based textile finish that is said to allay concerns about environmental contamination fr...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar