PAKISTAN: Textile Development Board To Be Formed
Addressing a textile seminar organised by the Export Promotion Bureau, he said the recommendations, for the constitution of the board will be discussed with the textile traders, exporters and millers next week after which the draft will be sent to the ministry.
He said the major buyers in the world would be placing their orders under the WTO, two years before the date of implementation of the WTO. Therefore, he added, it is important that the industry be prepared for globalisation by 2001 instead of waiting for the year 2004.
He added that the textile industry was of primary importance to the Pakistan economy and it's development would help the country survive in economic terms.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022