PAKISTAN: Textile Development Board To Be Formed
Federal Commerce Minister Abdul Razzak Dawood, said on Tuesday that a Pakistan Textile Development Board will be formed soon to prepare the country's textile sector for globalisation by the year 2001.Addressing a textile seminar organised by the Export Promotion Bureau, he said the recommendations, for the constitution of the board will be discussed with the textile traders, exporters and millers next week after which the draft will be sent to the ministry.He said the major buyers in the world would be placing their orders under the WTO, two years before the date of implementation of the WTO. Therefore, he added, it is important that the industry be prepared for globalisation by 2001 instead of waiting for the year 2004.He added that the textile industry was of primary importance to the Pakistan economy and it's development would help the country survive in economic terms.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar