PHILIPPINES: Textile Exports Fall 7.1% For Jan-Feb
The decline, which saw total exports fall to US$471 million compared to US$507m in the same period last year, was blamed on a temporary slowdown in the United States market.
However, GTEB executive director Serafin Juliano said exports to the Filipino textile industry's biggest customer were likely to recover when shipments for the fall season began.
"The resurgence in the US market brought about by rising consumer confidence will likely boost our garment exports in the coming months," he said.
The US is the destination for, on average, about 71 per cent of the Philippines' textile exports.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report