TAIWAN: Textile Exports Soar By 13 Per Cent
Exports of Taiwan-made textile products grew 13 per cent in the January-June period, the first growth in three years, the non-profit Taiwan Textile Federation (TTF) told the China Economic News yesterday (27 July). During the first half, locally made textile products ranging from fibre, yarn, garments, and apparel all fared well in export markets. Based on the good export performance in the first half, the island's overall textile industry is expected to enjoy pre-tax profits in the second half, TTF officials said.Statistics from TTF show that the island exported US$7.96bn textile products in the first half. Total exports will go up to US$15bn in 2000, a 15 per cent increase from the NT$14.1bn registered in 1999. Yarn and cloth represented the largest sector among textile exports in the first half, reaching US$5.65bn, up 14 per cent from the same period in 1999. The garment sector came next with US$993m, up 6.2 per cent from last year.Meanwhile, exports of other categories of textile products amounted to US$1.04bn in the first half, 16.9 per cent more than the same period a year ago, according to TTF statistics.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts