TAIWAN: Textile Exports Soar By 13 Per Cent
Exports of Taiwan-made textile products grew 13 per cent in the January-June period, the first growth in three years, the non-profit Taiwan Textile Federation (TTF) told the China Economic News yesterday (27 July). During the first half, locally made textile products ranging from fibre, yarn, garments, and apparel all fared well in export markets. Based on the good export performance in the first half, the island's overall textile industry is expected to enjoy pre-tax profits in the second half, TTF officials said.Statistics from TTF show that the island exported US$7.96bn textile products in the first half. Total exports will go up to US$15bn in 2000, a 15 per cent increase from the NT$14.1bn registered in 1999. Yarn and cloth represented the largest sector among textile exports in the first half, reaching US$5.65bn, up 14 per cent from the same period in 1999. The garment sector came next with US$993m, up 6.2 per cent from last year.Meanwhile, exports of other categories of textile products amounted to US$1.04bn in the first half, 16.9 per cent more than the same period a year ago, according to TTF statistics.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar