TAIWAN: Textile Exports Soar By 13 Per Cent
Exports of Taiwan-made textile products grew 13 per cent in the January-June period, the first growth in three years, the non-profit Taiwan Textile Federation (TTF) told the China Economic News yesterday (27 July). During the first half, locally made textile products ranging from fibre, yarn, garments, and apparel all fared well in export markets. Based on the good export performance in the first half, the island's overall textile industry is expected to enjoy pre-tax profits in the second half, TTF officials said.Statistics from TTF show that the island exported US$7.96bn textile products in the first half. Total exports will go up to US$15bn in 2000, a 15 per cent increase from the NT$14.1bn registered in 1999. Yarn and cloth represented the largest sector among textile exports in the first half, reaching US$5.65bn, up 14 per cent from the same period in 1999. The garment sector came next with US$993m, up 6.2 per cent from last year.Meanwhile, exports of other categories of textile products amounted to US$1.04bn in the first half, 16.9 per cent more than the same period a year ago, according to TTF statistics.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020