TAIWAN: Textile Exports Soar By 13 Per Cent
Exports of Taiwan-made textile products grew 13 per cent in the January-June period, the first growth in three years, the non-profit Taiwan Textile Federation (TTF) told the China Economic News yesterday (27 July). During the first half, locally made textile products ranging from fibre, yarn, garments, and apparel all fared well in export markets. Based on the good export performance in the first half, the island's overall textile industry is expected to enjoy pre-tax profits in the second half, TTF officials said.Statistics from TTF show that the island exported US$7.96bn textile products in the first half. Total exports will go up to US$15bn in 2000, a 15 per cent increase from the NT$14.1bn registered in 1999. Yarn and cloth represented the largest sector among textile exports in the first half, reaching US$5.65bn, up 14 per cent from the same period in 1999. The garment sector came next with US$993m, up 6.2 per cent from last year.Meanwhile, exports of other categories of textile products amounted to US$1.04bn in the first half, 16.9 per cent more than the same period a year ago, according to TTF statistics.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016