NICARAGUA: Textile exports to reach $2.5bn this year
Textile and clothing exports from Nicaragua are set to reach around US$2.5bn this year, due to higher investment and increased production in the free zones.
The forecast for the year would exceed last year's $2.2bn, according to preliminary figures from ProNicaragua, the country's investment promotion agency.
"We have significant investments in the country that will increase product exports," said Alvaro Baltodano, general presidential delegate for investments.
The reopening of the facility will create 600 jobs initially, with production extending from spinning to finished fabric, with an annual capacity of 28m yards.
ProNicaragua said the country's overall exports, meanwhile, are expected to reach $5bn this year, up on $4.7m in 2013.
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry....
Westex by Milliken and Cone Denim are teaming up to launch flame resistant denim apparel fabrics for the workwear industry....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide