NICARAGUA: Textile exports to reach $2.5bn this year
Textile and clothing exports from Nicaragua are set to reach around US$2.5bn this year, due to higher investment and increased production in the free zones.
The forecast for the year would exceed last year's $2.2bn, according to preliminary figures from ProNicaragua, the country's investment promotion agency.
"We have significant investments in the country that will increase product exports," said Alvaro Baltodano, general presidential delegate for investments.
The reopening of the facility will create 600 jobs initially, with production extending from spinning to finished fabric, with an annual capacity of 28m yards.
ProNicaragua said the country's overall exports, meanwhile, are expected to reach $5bn this year, up on $4.7m in 2013.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new ...
Westex by Milliken and Cone Denim are teaming up to launch flame resistant denim apparel fabrics for the workwear industry....
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Athletic players well positioned amid disruption
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Adidas unveils “game-changing” recycling project
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields