NICARAGUA: Textile exports to reach $2.5bn this year
Textile and clothing exports from Nicaragua are set to reach around US$2.5bn this year, due to higher investment and increased production in the free zones.
The forecast for the year would exceed last year's $2.2bn, according to preliminary figures from ProNicaragua, the country's investment promotion agency.
"We have significant investments in the country that will increase product exports," said Alvaro Baltodano, general presidential delegate for investments.
The reopening of the facility will create 600 jobs initially, with production extending from spinning to finished fabric, with an annual capacity of 28m yards.
ProNicaragua said the country's overall exports, meanwhile, are expected to reach $5bn this year, up on $4.7m in 2013.
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
A new and exclusive fabric developed under the direction of Cone Denim's new research incubator combines enhanced stretch with a cotton-like touch - and an eco-friendly element that sees each pair of ...
International Textile Group has promoted its chief operating officer Kenneth Kunberger as the company's new president and CEO, following the retirement of Joseph Gorga at the end of this month....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change