NICARAGUA: Textile exports to reach $2.5bn this year
Textile and clothing exports from Nicaragua are set to reach around US$2.5bn this year, due to higher investment and increased production in the free zones.
The forecast for the year would exceed last year's $2.2bn, according to preliminary figures from ProNicaragua, the country's investment promotion agency.
"We have significant investments in the country that will increase product exports," said Alvaro Baltodano, general presidential delegate for investments.
The reopening of the facility will create 600 jobs initially, with production extending from spinning to finished fabric, with an annual capacity of 28m yards.
ProNicaragua said the country's overall exports, meanwhile, are expected to reach $5bn this year, up on $4.7m in 2013.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new ...
Westex by Milliken and Cone Denim are teaming up to launch flame resistant denim apparel fabrics for the workwear industry....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory