IRAN: Textile Exports Total $173m In Nine Months - Report
Iran's textile exports in the last nine months totalled $173 million, the country's Industry and Mines minister, Eshaq Jahangiri, was quoted as saying in reports on Friday.
According to Info Prod Research (Middle East) Ltd), the minister said Iran's textile industry has the capacity to produce 1.2 billion metres of textile fabrics each year, with 850 million metres of fabrics produced last year.
He added that 282,000 workers and technicians are employed in 7,800 textile factories and the industry was responsible for employing around a quarter of Iran's workforce in the industry sector.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report