CANADA: Textile Firm ADS Creates 40 Jobs, Boosts Output
Technical textiles manufacturer ADS Inc is to create 40 new jobs at a new plant as part of a C$10 million investment in a new production line.
The Quebec-based company said the new line will boost production of non-woven fabrics and generate up to C$10m in new sales a year.
Its technical textiles unit, Texel Inc, currently employs 210 people but will take on 40 more in the near future and a further 40 people within 18 months, the company said in a statement.
Chairman and CEO, Paul Drouin, added: "This investment project has enabled Texel, our technical textiles division, to continue its major breakthrough into specialised sectors with high commercial potential."
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020