THAILAND: Textile Firm Plans Fashion Brand
Already producing garments for names such as Nike, Adidas and Reebok, Thong Thai Textile Co and its subsidiary VAS Garment (Thailand) Co intend to make their own fashion statement. According to managing director Dej Pathanasethpong, the business plans to build its own brand for exporting to regional markets.
The new range will help triple the export earnings of VAS to US$20 million, and will create an additional 437 jobs at its Maha Sarakham plant.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Sportswear giant Adidas-Salomon AG has lost out in a feud over whether athletes can wear garments featuring its three-stripe logo at the Olympic Games....
Sports goods giant Adidas-Salomon has decided to sell off its Salomon division to Finnish company Amer Sports for approximately €485 million....
Sportswear major Adidas says that India is on track to overtake Malaysia as its number one Southeast Asian market....
Sportswear company Reebok International Ltd has posted a higher quarterly profit, encouraged by the acquisition of The Hockey Company as well as a weak US dollar....
Sportswear giant Adidas has signed a $26.67 million deal with The University of Kansas to kit out all of its teams for the next eight years, signalling the end of a long-lasting agreement with Nike, w...
Major sports brand Reebok says it plans to open another 60 stores in the Indian market and push its revenue there up to INR3.75 billion....
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022