SCOTLAND: Textile Forum Unveils Plans To Save Industry
A series of new measures are to be introduced to help the Scottish textile industry. The measures were announced by the Scottish Enterprise Minister, Wendy Alexander, following the latest meeting of the Scottish Textiles Forum last week. They include a new Scottish Textiles Network website with the names of more than 1,000 companies, the launch of a three-year textiles action plan led by Scottish Enterprise Borders, the launch in the Borders shortly of an initiative to commercialise new textile technologies, support for companies attending London Fashion Week, training programmes to boost textiles skills and a major Scottish Textiles promotion conference to be held in the spring.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020