SCOTLAND: Textile Forum Unveils Plans To Save Industry
A series of new measures are to be introduced to help the Scottish textile industry. The measures were announced by the Scottish Enterprise Minister, Wendy Alexander, following the latest meeting of the Scottish Textiles Forum last week. They include a new Scottish Textiles Network website with the names of more than 1,000 companies, the launch of a three-year textiles action plan led by Scottish Enterprise Borders, the launch in the Borders shortly of an initiative to commercialise new textile technologies, support for companies attending London Fashion Week, training programmes to boost textiles skills and a major Scottish Textiles promotion conference to be held in the spring.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022