SCOTLAND: Textile Forum Unveils Plans To Save Industry
A series of new measures are to be introduced to help the Scottish textile industry. The measures were announced by the Scottish Enterprise Minister, Wendy Alexander, following the latest meeting of the Scottish Textiles Forum last week. They include a new Scottish Textiles Network website with the names of more than 1,000 companies, the launch of a three-year textiles action plan led by Scottish Enterprise Borders, the launch in the Borders shortly of an initiative to commercialise new textile technologies, support for companies attending London Fashion Week, training programmes to boost textiles skills and a major Scottish Textiles promotion conference to be held in the spring.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores