SCOTLAND: Textile Forum Unveils Plans To Save Industry
A series of new measures are to be introduced to help the Scottish textile industry. The measures were announced by the Scottish Enterprise Minister, Wendy Alexander, following the latest meeting of the Scottish Textiles Forum last week. They include a new Scottish Textiles Network website with the names of more than 1,000 companies, the launch of a three-year textiles action plan led by Scottish Enterprise Borders, the launch in the Borders shortly of an initiative to commercialise new textile technologies, support for companies attending London Fashion Week, training programmes to boost textiles skills and a major Scottish Textiles promotion conference to be held in the spring.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022