VIETNAM: Textile, Garment Exports Set To Hit $2.6bn
Vietnam's textile and garment exports have surged past last year's total of $2.4 billion and are now on course to hit the $2.6bn mark this year, delighted industry chiefs revealed on Tuesday. Mai Hoang An, general director of the Vietnam Textile and Garment Corp (Vinatex), said that welcome growth was led by a sharp rise in exports to the US and EU with US exports set to hit $850 million versus $47m in 2001 thanks to a trade deal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022