Mauritius: Textile Group To Open New Units In Kenya
Mauritian textile group, Apparel Exports Ltd, has announced plans to open two new production centres in Kenya this month to boost production for its predominantly US market. Director of Apparel Exports, Azam Bholah, said: "The unit in Mauritius produces 200,000 pieces of cloth a month. It should improve and produce 250,000 pieces in order to be able to honour its orders."According to him, several potential US clients are willing to import textile products from the Mauritian company in the wake of the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act. Apparel Exports has invested $2m in its production units in Nairobi, which would employ around 700 people. The company recorded a turnover of Rs250m rupees in 1999 ($9.5m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts