Mauritius: Textile Group To Open New Units In Kenya
Mauritian textile group, Apparel Exports Ltd, has announced plans to open two new production centres in Kenya this month to boost production for its predominantly US market. Director of Apparel Exports, Azam Bholah, said: "The unit in Mauritius produces 200,000 pieces of cloth a month. It should improve and produce 250,000 pieces in order to be able to honour its orders."According to him, several potential US clients are willing to import textile products from the Mauritian company in the wake of the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act. Apparel Exports has invested $2m in its production units in Nairobi, which would employ around 700 people. The company recorded a turnover of Rs250m rupees in 1999 ($9.5m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020