INDIA: Textile Industry At Loggerheads Over Dereservation
The Government's new textile policy is being held up by the problematic issue of dereservation of apparel manufacture.A decision on the new policy, which will be based on the findings of an expert committee appointed in 1998, should be reached by the end of the month.During a recent seminar organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) - one of India's three apex Chambers - but not as part of the proceedings, the textile minister Kashiram Rana and his deputy, the secretary of textiles Anil Kumar threw some light on the situation. "The cabinet has sent [the textile policy] to the group of ministers to decide on this and we will announce it shortly," said Kashiram Rana. Anil Kumar added that the decision on the dereservation of garments would be reached by the end of the month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective