VIETNAM: Textile Industry Booms In Vietnam
When thinking of the Asia Pacific nations that are already major garment producers, and likely to become even more so in the not too distant future, Vietnam is not the country that immediately springs to mind. But maybe it should. For although not a large scale direct exporter, 60 per cent of the clothing currently coming from Vietnam reaches the outside world via the quota free markets of Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan or South Korea. And experts already assess the value of such sales as in excess of US$7bn a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack