INDIA: Textile Industry Lobbies Government On Duty
Representatives of the textile industry today called on the Finance Minister, Yashwant Sinha, to urge the Government to withdraw its decision to reimpose ad valorem duty structure on the industry. Coming together under the banner of the Federation of All-India Textile Manufacturers Associations, they reiterated that the Government decision would wreak havoc on the industry if it was to reintroduce the "inspector raj".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again