USA: Textile Industry Mourns Georgia Senator Paul Coverdell
"We were saddened to hear the news last night of the death of US Senator Paul Coverdell (R-Ga.)," said the president of the American Textile Manufacturers Institute, Roger W Chastain, of Mount Vernon Mills, Inc."On behalf of the US textile industry, I want to extend our heartfelt sympathy, thoughts and prayers to the Senator's wife and family, staff, friends and colleagues in Congress."Recognized by his colleagues and constituents for his kind manner, for his commitment to the people of Georgia and this nation, and for his hard work as part of the Senate leadership, Sen. Coverdell was one of the US textile industry's champions in Congress. We will miss him."The American Textile Manufacturers Institute is the national trade association for the US textile industry. Member companies operate in more than 30 states and process nearly 75 per cent of all textile fibers consumed by plants in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Bangladesh urged to release garment union leaders
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022