USA: Textile Industry Mourns Georgia Senator Paul Coverdell
"We were saddened to hear the news last night of the death of US Senator Paul Coverdell (R-Ga.)," said the president of the American Textile Manufacturers Institute, Roger W Chastain, of Mount Vernon Mills, Inc."On behalf of the US textile industry, I want to extend our heartfelt sympathy, thoughts and prayers to the Senator's wife and family, staff, friends and colleagues in Congress."Recognized by his colleagues and constituents for his kind manner, for his commitment to the people of Georgia and this nation, and for his hard work as part of the Senate leadership, Sen. Coverdell was one of the US textile industry's champions in Congress. We will miss him."The American Textile Manufacturers Institute is the national trade association for the US textile industry. Member companies operate in more than 30 states and process nearly 75 per cent of all textile fibers consumed by plants in the United States.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"