INDIA: Textile Industry Wants EU "Level-Playing Field"
Worried Indian textile and garment chiefs on Tuesday called on the EU to give them a "level-playing field" by extending zero-duty benefits such as those given to neighbouring countries like Pakistan. The plea came from Federal Textiles Minister Kansiram Rana during the 71st International Wool Textile Organisation Conference in Barcelona. He asked EU chiefs to release more quotas in return for India reducing import duties.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands