UK: Textile Institute launches strategy and marketing group
The Textile Institute has strengthened its network of industry focused Special Interest Groups with the creation of a new body to promote strategy and marketing for textiles, apparel and related industries. Chaired by David Rigby, a strategy and marketing consultant to the global industry, the new group is part of the Institute's drive to provide services to members associated with the commercial issues they face in their day-to-day business strategy.David Rigby explains: "Increasingly, companies in textiles and related industries have to think more clearly about business strategies and market focus. Having efficient operations is not enough if the strategic focus is wrong. Rapid changes in the global market, and its supply chain, mean that overall business direction and marketing strategies need to be constantly under review."From the start, the group will be based on the Internet so that advice, support and information can be quickly shared worldwide."The Textile Institute's Special Interest Groups - separated into a number of different divisions, unite all sectors represented by the membership. Each Group is run by a committee elected by its members and organizes conferences, seminars and study tours to disseminate ideas, steer initiatives and create links to further the interests of members.Terry Hennessey, director general of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective