UK: Textile Institute launches strategy and marketing group
The Textile Institute has strengthened its network of industry focused Special Interest Groups with the creation of a new body to promote strategy and marketing for textiles, apparel and related industries. Chaired by David Rigby, a strategy and marketing consultant to the global industry, the new group is part of the Institute's drive to provide services to members associated with the commercial issues they face in their day-to-day business strategy.David Rigby explains: "Increasingly, companies in textiles and related industries have to think more clearly about business strategies and market focus. Having efficient operations is not enough if the strategic focus is wrong. Rapid changes in the global market, and its supply chain, mean that overall business direction and marketing strategies need to be constantly under review."From the start, the group will be based on the Internet so that advice, support and information can be quickly shared worldwide."The Textile Institute's Special Interest Groups - separated into a number of different divisions, unite all sectors represented by the membership. Each Group is run by a committee elected by its members and organizes conferences, seminars and study tours to disseminate ideas, steer initiatives and create links to further the interests of members.Terry Hennessey, director general of
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022