UK: Textile Institute World Conference call for papers
Papers are being sought for presentations at the 89th Textile Institute World Conference taking place in Wuhan, China later this year.
Jointly organised by The Textile Institute and Wuhan Textile University, the event this year will focus on 'Innovation from Fibre to Fashion.'
Submissions of original work are invited in fields including clothing manufacturing, design, product and materials innovation, education and training in textile and apparel, future trends and visions, global business management, healthcare and medical textiles, textile colouration and finishing, natural fibres and products, personal protective equipment, quality control, sustainability, and smart fabrics and wearable technologies.
The conference will be held at the Lake View Garden Hotel in Wuhan, from 2-6 November 2014. Wuhan is situated on the Yangtze River and is the main industrial and culture heart of central China. Click here for more details.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- C&A selects PLM to boost product development
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards