UK: Textile Institute World Conference call for papers
Papers are being sought for presentations at the 89th Textile Institute World Conference taking place in Wuhan, China later this year.
Jointly organised by The Textile Institute and Wuhan Textile University, the event this year will focus on 'Innovation from Fibre to Fashion.'
Submissions of original work are invited in fields including clothing manufacturing, design, product and materials innovation, education and training in textile and apparel, future trends and visions, global business management, healthcare and medical textiles, textile colouration and finishing, natural fibres and products, personal protective equipment, quality control, sustainability, and smart fabrics and wearable technologies.
The conference will be held at the Lake View Garden Hotel in Wuhan, from 2-6 November 2014. Wuhan is situated on the Yangtze River and is the main industrial and culture heart of central China. Click here for more details.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields