UK: Textile Institute World Conference call for papers
Papers are being sought for presentations at the 89th Textile Institute World Conference taking place in Wuhan, China later this year.
Jointly organised by The Textile Institute and Wuhan Textile University, the event this year will focus on 'Innovation from Fibre to Fashion.'
Submissions of original work are invited in fields including clothing manufacturing, design, product and materials innovation, education and training in textile and apparel, future trends and visions, global business management, healthcare and medical textiles, textile colouration and finishing, natural fibres and products, personal protective equipment, quality control, sustainability, and smart fabrics and wearable technologies.
The conference will be held at the Lake View Garden Hotel in Wuhan, from 2-6 November 2014. Wuhan is situated on the Yangtze River and is the main industrial and culture heart of central China. Click here for more details.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket