UK: Textile Institute World Conference call for papers
Papers are being sought for presentations at the 89th Textile Institute World Conference taking place in Wuhan, China later this year.
Jointly organised by The Textile Institute and Wuhan Textile University, the event this year will focus on 'Innovation from Fibre to Fashion.'
Submissions of original work are invited in fields including clothing manufacturing, design, product and materials innovation, education and training in textile and apparel, future trends and visions, global business management, healthcare and medical textiles, textile colouration and finishing, natural fibres and products, personal protective equipment, quality control, sustainability, and smart fabrics and wearable technologies.
The conference will be held at the Lake View Garden Hotel in Wuhan, from 2-6 November 2014. Wuhan is situated on the Yangtze River and is the main industrial and culture heart of central China. Click here for more details.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras